Monday, November 15, 2010

End of Term 1 Reflection

This term in art class went very well for me. Every day I would look forward to art and I would be really excited to finish a project I had been working on, or find out what the next assignment was going to be. I learned many things in this class. I learned a lot of different drawing techniques and overall I improved on drawing from observation. At the beginning of the year I was nervous about drawing from observation. I was unsure about how I would start and I would constantly worry about what the final drawing would look like. After this term I have a better understanding of how to work on those assignments. I now know to go from general to specific and just go with what I see. Out of everything we did I was the most happy with the way my sketchbook turned out. At the beginning of the year I was worried that I would not know what to draw every week. After a couple weeks I decided to experiment with many different materials and designs and in the end it turned out a lot better than I had expected it too. If I could go back in time and tell myself something it would be that all the assignments are a lot easier than they seem, and once you get started everything starts flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment